Hi guys, I am going to tell you about some great software that can be helpful to avoid the virus.
Computer virus comes in various forms. One of the forms of the virus is trojan. It silently enters your PC, starts its working and can destroy your PC.
I am hearing a lot about ransomware. It’s a trojan and encrypt all of your files and make all your data useless.
In the end, there is a file with the message that once you pay the amount to the trojan creators, they will give you the decryption key and all your data will get back into the original form. But never pay them as it is highly prohibited by the security researchers to pay them. Even you purchase the decryption key, there is no guarantee that you will get back your data into its original form.
I will let you know about certain software and precautions to avoid the trojans.
- Install antivirus software and daily can your system
- Never visit or download any file from the unauthorized website as they might trick you once you visit the site
- Beware of installing malware to your PC
- Make a habit of backup your data! You may use your Google Drive or Dropbox to store the data
- Avoid Spam Emails. Never open the emails that you might consider vulnerable
Here is the list of software’s that you can install to protect your PC:
- Avast Antivirus
- Norton AntiVirus Plus
Data backup tool:
- EaseUS Todo Backup Free
- Cobian Backup
- Paragon Backup & Recovery
There is also a chrome extension by AVAST available to safely browse. It tells you if you are browsing a secure website or there is any danger to get tricked.